2 large eggplant
1/4 cup tahini, plus more as needed (I really like this brand)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed
1 T. ground cumin
Sea Salt, to taste
1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 425°F.
- Prick the eggplant with a fork in several places and place on a baking sheet. Bake until very soft, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and peel off and discard the skin. Place the eggplant flesh in a bowl.
- Puree the eggplant flesh in a food processor. Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and cumin. Puree until creamy, or to desired consistency.
- Season with salt, then taste and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and spread with the back of a spoon to form a shallow well. Drizzle the olive oil over the top.