2 Delicata Squash, cut in half and deseeded
1T. Coconut Oil
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
6oz Ground Pork Breakfast Sausage (you can use any ground meat you like, just make sure it's flavorful)
4 Eggs, whisked (I use a blender to whip air into mine, but a bowl and whisk work just fine)
Ground Fennel and Fennel Fronds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 415F.
- Place squash on a baking sheet, skin-side down.
- Evenly distribute the coconut oil amongst the four squash halves and transfer the baking sheet to the oven to melt the oil, about 15 seconds.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and spread the oil to coat the flesh of the squash (I use a pastry brush). Sprinkle each squash half with sea salt and cinnamon, evenly distributing the mixture.
- Place the sheet back in the oven and bake until squash is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, brown sausage and set aside.
- Remove from oven and fill or let cool and refrigerate for future use.
- Turn oven temperature down to 375F.
- Fill each squash with about 1.5oz of the browned sausage, to fill evenly.
- Top with whisked eggs and transfer back to the oven.
- Bake until eggs are puffed slightly and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with ground fennel and fennel fronds or your favorite seasoning. Enjoy!
Steps 1-7 can be done in advance, making breakfast super simple to create. Just let the squash and meat cool, before storing in the fridge until ready to use (I would say up to a few days).