Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back to Reality...

Monday:
Breakfast:
Three Eggs Scrambled w/Kerrygold Butter

Snack:
Coconut Cream Pie Larabar

Lunch:
Shrimp and Scallops (8oz total) Sauteed in Kerrygold Butter

Dinner:
Nothing. I ate a late lunch and wasn't feeling too hungry, post-WOD.

Scott ran to the store so that we would have eggs for the morning, but other than that we had nothing in the fridge, hence the lack of veggies. I pretty much always have some frozen shrimp (the jumbo 13-15/lb) and scallops (jumbo) in the freezer, so I took those out Sunday night to be ready for lunch.

Workout:
5 Deadlifts (155lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)

5 Deadlifts (175lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)
5 Deadlifts (195lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)
5 Deadlifts (155lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)

~and~
With a 10-Minute Running Clock:
Run 800M
Burpees (as many as you can with the time you have left after your run)

This was a really sad display, but I will not complain after the vacation my body's been on. My deadlifts felt really good and I love kettlebell swings, so that part was all good...the second part, not so good. We mapped out a 400 on MapMyRun which begins from our alleyway and loops around our culdesac, so after the first lap I debated running on in to the garage...I didn't. I struggled through that second lap (I know...sad, but it was like 95 and totally humid and my first post-vacation WOD...so...) and moved on to my burpees. I actually don't mind burpees, but today I was so not into them. When all was said and done, I did 50. Ugh. I will be "revisiting" this WOD in the next two weeks. :)

3 comments:

Trixie said...

WOW,that is some serious weight your pushing around! How do you decide how much to eat...most people might see this as a little bit of food for such and intense work out. I have found since going Paleo,I don't need so many calories to feel full. Would love your thoughts:)

jencereghino said...

I followed Zone for a few weeks, the end of last year, and that gave me a good idea of how much protein I should be eating. As for the veggies, I generally fill my plate or make a huge salad and eat them until I'm full. I get my fat in the form of avocado, EVOO, coconut oil or milk, and more recently, butter. When I was doing Zone, I found that the fat was not quite enough for me, so I play around with that and find that when I've got the proportions right, I feel satiated and have more endurance.

This week is not a good representation of my usual eating, as I've been feeling a little "off" from my vacation; I drank (which I usually do just occasionally) and made a few not so Paleo-friendly food choices (namely grains, which really seem to effect me since I eliminated them from my diet).

So, with that being said, I usually eat a pretty substantial dinner with 3-6oz of protein, depending on my workout and just really how I'm feeling, and lots of vegetables. And, as far as calories, I definitely eat less calories than I did pre-Paleo, as I am getting my carbs from veggies and fruits as opposed to grains and legumes, my previous go-to source. I rarely feel hungry and really just try to listen to my body.

How long have you been eating "Paleo"? And, what changes have you noticed?

Trixie said...

I have been eating Paleo for about 2 months now. Prior to that I had been a Zone gal:) I sort of felt that I was always having to eat every couple hrs on the Zone and I hated little meals and snacks. My Crossfit coach also recommended it to me. Needless to say I was hooked. The first 2 weeks though were hell. My body wanted sugar bad. After that withdrawal,I couldn't believe how much more energy I had etc. My skin looked better, I loved eating three meals a day and not needing to snack. My blood sugar is much more stable. I truly feel I have a bad reaction to wheat, so I certainly don't miss bread. Your blog has been so great for ideas!