Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back to Reality...

Monday:
Breakfast:
Three Eggs Scrambled w/Kerrygold Butter

Snack:
Coconut Cream Pie Larabar

Lunch:
Shrimp and Scallops (8oz total) Sauteed in Kerrygold Butter

Dinner:
Nothing. I ate a late lunch and wasn't feeling too hungry, post-WOD.

Scott ran to the store so that we would have eggs for the morning, but other than that we had nothing in the fridge, hence the lack of veggies. I pretty much always have some frozen shrimp (the jumbo 13-15/lb) and scallops (jumbo) in the freezer, so I took those out Sunday night to be ready for lunch.

Workout:
5 Deadlifts (155lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)

5 Deadlifts (175lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)
5 Deadlifts (195lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)
5 Deadlifts (155lb)
15 Kettlebell Swings (35lb)

~and~
With a 10-Minute Running Clock:
Run 800M
Burpees (as many as you can with the time you have left after your run)

This was a really sad display, but I will not complain after the vacation my body's been on. My deadlifts felt really good and I love kettlebell swings, so that part was all good...the second part, not so good. We mapped out a 400 on MapMyRun which begins from our alleyway and loops around our culdesac, so after the first lap I debated running on in to the garage...I didn't. I struggled through that second lap (I know...sad, but it was like 95 and totally humid and my first post-vacation WOD...so...) and moved on to my burpees. I actually don't mind burpees, but today I was so not into them. When all was said and done, I did 50. Ugh. I will be "revisiting" this WOD in the next two weeks. :)

4 comments:

Trixie said...

WOW,that is some serious weight your pushing around! How do you decide how much to eat...most people might see this as a little bit of food for such and intense work out. I have found since going Paleo,I don't need so many calories to feel full. Would love your thoughts:)

jencereghino said...

I followed Zone for a few weeks, the end of last year, and that gave me a good idea of how much protein I should be eating. As for the veggies, I generally fill my plate or make a huge salad and eat them until I'm full. I get my fat in the form of avocado, EVOO, coconut oil or milk, and more recently, butter. When I was doing Zone, I found that the fat was not quite enough for me, so I play around with that and find that when I've got the proportions right, I feel satiated and have more endurance.

This week is not a good representation of my usual eating, as I've been feeling a little "off" from my vacation; I drank (which I usually do just occasionally) and made a few not so Paleo-friendly food choices (namely grains, which really seem to effect me since I eliminated them from my diet).

So, with that being said, I usually eat a pretty substantial dinner with 3-6oz of protein, depending on my workout and just really how I'm feeling, and lots of vegetables. And, as far as calories, I definitely eat less calories than I did pre-Paleo, as I am getting my carbs from veggies and fruits as opposed to grains and legumes, my previous go-to source. I rarely feel hungry and really just try to listen to my body.

How long have you been eating "Paleo"? And, what changes have you noticed?

Trixie said...

I have been eating Paleo for about 2 months now. Prior to that I had been a Zone gal:) I sort of felt that I was always having to eat every couple hrs on the Zone and I hated little meals and snacks. My Crossfit coach also recommended it to me. Needless to say I was hooked. The first 2 weeks though were hell. My body wanted sugar bad. After that withdrawal,I couldn't believe how much more energy I had etc. My skin looked better, I loved eating three meals a day and not needing to snack. My blood sugar is much more stable. I truly feel I have a bad reaction to wheat, so I certainly don't miss bread. Your blog has been so great for ideas!

Blogger said...

3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!