Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Week in Review

Breakfast:
This meal remains pretty consistent, with Three Eggs (free-range, Omega-3 enriched) and Avocado (1/2 Large) or Two Eggs and Buffalo w/Avocado. Tuesday morning I ate leftovers and this morning we were out of eggs, so I ate a wad of Turkey Breast w/Avocado (1/2 Large) and a handful of Strawberries.

I love eggs and have never really been a morning sweet eater (pastries, pancakes, waffles...), so this combination of protein and fat seems to work for me. It always keeps me satisfied for at least the following 4 hours and I haven't grown tired of it...yet.

Lunch:
This week I ate out two times; Qdoba and Blue Fish, for sushi. The remaining days I packed a lunch of Turkey Breast w/Avocado and Apples w/Organic SunButter (the "Organic" version, as it doesn't have cane sugar).
















Dinner:
Wednesday:
Fisherman Soup and Mediterranean Greek Salad (Grilled Salmon instead of Calamari, no Feta, Vinaigrette on the side) at RockFish Seafood Grill
Thursday:
Sushi* at Fin Sushi and Sake Bar
Friday:
Qdoba (yes, this was my go-to place this week...Scott and I got done working out around 6pm and were totally starving, so there you have it.)

I/we don't usually eat out this often, because (a) I like to cook, (b) restaurant food has A LOT of sodium, (c) it's expensive, and (d) I know what I'm getting in my own kitchen, but life happens and eating Paleo isn't that difficult when you're eating out. Wednesday was a working dinner with women from the yoga studio and Thursday night, Scott and I went out with our neighbor friend, Keith. And, Friday...we just didn't feel like cooking.

*The freshest, and most generous portions of, sashimi EVER!!!

Workouts:
Tuesday: Snatches and Burpees @ CFR
Wednesday: Yoga (took class during a 45 minute Audition and 60 minutes of Vinyasa Flow)
Thursday: Yoga (60 minutes)
Friday: "Linda" @ CFR
Saturday: Yoga (75 Minutes) for "Off The Mat into The World" at The Mat Yoga Studio

Showing off my  new tank:
















All proceeds from the purchase of these tanks goes to support Jen Chitwood in her "Global SEVA Challenge".

No comments: