Friday, April 23, 2010

My Run-In with "Linda"

a.k.a "The Three Bars of Death"...yeah...nice. This workout is just pure madness! But, when I walked into CFR today, I was ready to go..."Linda" you say!? Bring it on! And, that was my attitude as I walked in the door...until I saw Scott...doing squat cleans...Squat Cleans!? Yes. No!!! I almost instantly felt defeated. I love, LOVE, "Cleans", but do not feel quite the same about "Squat Cleans". Oh well...here we go...and 24+ minutes later, "Linda" was a thing of the past; an 11+ minute increase in time over my last attempt (December 3). But, on a positive note, my deadlift increased from 115lbs to 135lbs (155lbs for the first rounds and a half) and I did full "Squat Cleans", as opposed to "Cleans"...a completely different 'animal'!

So, this is what I was up against for today's WOD:



And, here were my weights:
Deadlift: 135lbs* (Body Weight)
Bench: 70lbs (.5 Body Weight)
Squat Clean: 70lb (.5 Body Weight)

*I started my first set of 10 and five reps of set 9 with 155lbs, but took the 10lb weights off and stuck with 135lbs for the rest of the workout, as my form was suffering. As much as I wanted to increase my weights (from my last attempt), I had to suck up my pride and go with a weight that would result in better form; a difficult, but ultimately beneficial, sacrifice to make for us CrossFitters. Am I right!? :)

RX is:
Deadlift: 1.5 Body Weight (280lbs)
Bench: Body Weight (140lbs)
Squat Clean: .75 Body Weight (105lbs)

I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to accomplish this WOD, RX, but I will continue to work my way up.

Have you had a run-in with "Linda"?

No comments: