Two Egg Frittata w/Ground Buffalo (3oz), Zucchini (1), and Avocado (1/2 Large)
When I make breakfast for the two of us, I make this frittata in a large pan and sprinkle my side with zucchini, Scott's side with a little bit of cheese (I use raw cheddar).
Lunch (at Spring Creek Barbeque):
BBQ Brisket (my first time eating brisket...not my favorite, but not horrible)
Leftover NY Prime (4oz)
We ate lunch at 3pm, so I wasn't really too hungry come dinner time.
Acorn Squash (1/2) w/Almond Butter (1/2 T.) and Cinnamon
YUM! This was the perfect little dessert/snack. I roasted an acorn squash, to have on-hand for Sunday, but decided, after testing its doneness, that I would eat half immediately. Here's what I did:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice acorn squash in half, splitting it from top to bottom. Scoop out and discard seeds.
- To a baking sheet, add water (about 1/4 of the way up the sides) and then place the acorn squash halves flesh side down.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until flesh is soft.
- Remove from oven and pour off water.
- Increase oven temperature to 425F.
- Drizzle and rub (or brush) the squash with 1 tsp. of oil (I used EVOO) and place them back on the baking sheet, flesh side down.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until flesh is slightly caramelized.
- Eat drizzled with coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon...or:
Roasted Acorn Squash Half: