Saturday, October 10, 2009

Paleo Day 27

Lunch:
Two Eggs
Apple

Dinner:
King Crab Legs
Seared Scallops w/Butternut Squash Puree
Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
King Crab Legs were not a part of my original menu plan, but as you can see...these were pretty hard to pass up. I was in the seafood section, at Whole Foods, and was sort of mesmerized by these bad boys...they're each like two feet long!

If you've never liked or tried roasted brussel sprouts and/or carrots, you should definitely do it! The roasting caramelizes the veggies and just makes them so incredibly tasty. So, here's how you do it:


Roasted Carrots and Brussels Sprouts:

Preheat your oven to 400F. While your oven is preheating, peel your carrots and then cut them, at an angle (not necessary, but more visually appealing), in to 1-2" pieces. Also trim the funky outer leaves and bottom off of the brussel sprouts and cut in half (cutting the stem in half). Spread the trimmed veggies on a baking sheet and toss with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt to lightly coat. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the veggies start to char a little, but are still firm. This is what they will look like:

I also made Filet Mignon, Roasted Asparagus, and Potato-Mushroom Strudels w/Dill Cream Sauce for Scott's BIRTHDAY!!! Though I was tempted to cheat with those delicious strudels, I stuck to my Paleo eating in order to cheat with...this:

And, this:

CrossFit Workout:
None...I won't even call this a "Rest Day"...I just didn't do anything. Tomorrow! :)

No comments: