Monday, October 26, 2009

Nutty Bread Recipe



Here is a link to a really great site that I found for gluten-free and, usually, Paleo-friendly baked good recipes: http://www.elanaspantry.com/nutty-bread/

If you find a recipe that sounds tasty, but is not Paleo, just experiment by omitting the non-Paleo ingredients (in this recipe, I've left out the agave and vinegar). I feel completely comfortable with my ability to experiment with cooking, but have less confidence in my baking creativity...this site has helped me to branch out a bit and satisfy my cravings for many things baked.


Nutty Bread
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¾ cup arrowroot powder
¼ cup flax seed meal
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
¼ cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds

In a large bowl, whisk eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy
To the same bowl, add almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt and baking soda
Add nuts and seeds
Pour batter into a greased medium sized loaf pan
Bake at 350ยบ for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
Cool and serve

This recipe is perfect for "toast" and eggs, or as a substitute for the bread on that sandwich you've been craving. Thinly slice and toast before serving for the best texture and flavor. I love this "bread"!

I let the loaf cool and then put it in a tupperware container and then into the fridge (will last about a week or so). I end up with about 24 thin slices.

No comments: