This recipe is inspired by the Lamb Burger I ate this weekend, at Davis St Tavern (Portland, OR). I ordered mine without the bun and asked for it to be served on a bed of Arugula- perfection! Here is my version:
2lbs Ground Lamb
3oz Dried Apricots, diced
1/4oz Fresh Mint, chiffonade
1T. Sea Salt
3oz Feta, crumbled (omit, if you do not eat dairy- I enjoy it on occasion)
- Add ingredients to a bowl and blend [with your hands] to combine.
- Meat can be formed into burgers, meatballs, or mini burgers. Use an ice cream scoop or melon baller for uniform patties/balls.
- Heat a heavy-bottom pan to medium-high. DO NOT oil your pan, the lamb likely has enough fat as is. Transfer patties to the pan and cook until browned (about 2-3 minutes, depending on size). Flip and continue to cook until burgers reach desired doneness.
- Remove from pan and left rest 1-minute.
- Serve atop Arugula (or other greens) tossed with THIS dressing or other citrus-based vinaigrette and sprinkle with garnish (recipe below).
1/4oz Fresh Mint
2T Shelled, Salted Pistachio Nuts
- Grind in a food processor, until finely chopped.
- Sprinkle over burger.