Monday, May 27, 2013

Lamb Burgers w/Apricot, Mint, and Pistachios (Feta Optional)

This recipe is inspired by the Lamb Burger I ate this weekend, at Davis St Tavern (Portland, OR). I ordered mine without the bun and asked for it to be served on a bed of Arugula- perfection! Here is my version:

Ingredients
2lbs Ground Lamb
3oz Dried Apricots, diced
1/4oz Fresh Mint, chiffonade
1T. Sea Salt
3oz Feta, crumbled (omit, if you do not eat dairy- I enjoy it on occasion)
  1. Add ingredients to a bowl and blend [with your hands] to combine.
  2. Meat can be formed into burgers, meatballs, or mini burgers. Use an ice cream scoop or melon baller for uniform patties/balls. 
  3. Heat a heavy-bottom pan to medium-high. DO NOT oil your pan, the lamb likely has enough fat as is. Transfer patties to the pan and cook until browned (about 2-3 minutes, depending on size). Flip and continue to cook until burgers reach desired doneness. 
  4. Remove from pan and left rest 1-minute. 
  5. Serve atop Arugula (or other greens) tossed with THIS dressing or other citrus-based vinaigrette and sprinkle with garnish (recipe below). 

Garnish
1/4oz Fresh Mint
2T Shelled, Salted Pistachio Nuts
  1. Grind in a food processor, until finely chopped.
  2. Sprinkle over burger.

6 comments:

Leah Yablong said...

Stumbled upon your blog looking for other Paleo bloggers. I'm slowly getting into it but having to make some tweaks because I eat kosher too. Love your blog. Great experiments and glad you love Elana's Pantry too!!

Mjennette said...

Just wanted to let you know these are AMAZING! Thank you for the recipe!! I can't wait to make them again.

Paleo Goth said...

Oh, why must the best-tasty things be so expensive!! My husband is a pistachio hound and I am a fiend for the baby sheep, but, ye gods, the prices!!!
I'm making this next week.

Cohen Ilan said...

This was fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Nunah Mikhail said...

Pretty remarkable post. I simply came across your blog and desired to say that I have really enjoyed searching your blog posts. paleo diet food list

Gliter Jone said...

Really amazing blog, I’d love to discover some extra information. Herbycoupons