Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cabo: A Recap


Well, we've been back since Friday night and it took me until Sunday to really feel right again. I'm a creature of habit who put her body through some major turmoil last week. Though my eating was pretty clean, my beverage consumption was not, and for this I paid. Surprisingly, no skin issues to speak of, but digestion has been horrible and we're both having insane cravings, continuing into today. I've been drinking a lot of water, eating my raw sauerkraut, and until today have limited my carbs and overall food intake, hoping to give my body a little rest and my gut some time to heal. Nice. 


I'm not going to say that I didn't enjoy my poolside libations, but it is a huge eye-opener with regard to goals and weighing what's important. I've been working really hard in my workouts, have been eating super clean (leading up to our trip), and know that I will bounce back, but it's getting easier for me to realize what's important with regard to my health, well-being, and physique...and, alcohol is moving it's way down the list of "indulgences", or...off of my "Healthy/F-Off Scale". 


Moving along, here's a bit of what I ate:





With exception to our first and last days in Cabo, we ate the same Breakfast every morning, 
-Poached Eggs w/Roasted Yams, Avocado, and Fresh Green Salsa...YUM! 


Other days we ate:
-Omelets w/Ham and Spinach and a little scoop of Potatoes w/Chorizo (I'd never had chorizo, so I had to try it...good and spicy)
-Soft-Boiled Eggs w/Avocado


Lunch:
Shrimp Cocktail (Shrimp w/Tomato, Onion, Jalapeno, and Cilantro) w/Avocado and Corn Chips


Dinner:
Seafood Cobb w/Red Wine Vinegar
Halibut
Grilled Chicken (made by my bro-in-law, Tony) w/Cucumber and Guacamole


Workouts Included:


WOD #1
With a Partner (Scott):
Two Rounds of:
Bike 400M (the treadmill was in-use)
Dumbbell Thrusters (20/35lb)
Bike 400M
Sit Ups
Bike 400M
Push Ups
Bike 400M
Weighted Dumbbell Lunges (20/35lb)
While one person bikes the 400M, the other completes their movement...and switch. 
WOD#2
Two Rounds of:
Run 400M
25 Dumbbell Squat Cleans (25lb Dumbbells)
20 Weighted Lunges (25lb Dumbbells, 10 Each Leg)
20 Renegade Rows (25lb Dumbbells, 10 Each Arm w/Push Up Between)
25 Sit Ups (w/20lb Dumbbell Touch Behind Head and Between Legs, each rep)



WOD #3

100 Push Ups
1-Minute Plank
100 Air Squats
1-Minute Plank
100 Sit Ups
Leg raise hold, while I looked through pictures on my phone.
So, there you have it...my Cabo confessions- Ate well. Drank too much. Exercised a little. Now, it's time to get ready for my upcoming Mobility Cert, Kettlebell Cert., and a move to Portland, OR! But, before I go, I give you..."Beach Crow" (inspired by my incredible yoga friends, Lisa and Ginger):
I had always wanted to try this, when the progressions were taught in yoga class but was too afraid to try. The first time I did, I was at home in our carpeted bedroom...I fell on my head. I'm proud to say, that I can do it now...so cool. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try the beach crow...but in the safety parameters of my 4 walls and bubble wrap. It looks awesome...must be the coconut butter :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
I wasn't sure where to leave a quick note, so this has nothing to do with the topic of imbibing (except I don't know how I'm going to give up Palm Speciale ale from Belgium).

I stumbled onto your blog today looking for a good paleo cracker recipe and found it all STUNNING, gorgeous. Wonderful work!

The layout, particularly the photography, is superb and I even like your logo. Wow, you are my new heroine. This thing rivals Sisson's site for slickness. Tremendous. I'm out of superlatives. :-)

Dan, 44
8 weeks paleo

jencereghino said...

Rebecca~ I suggest a sandy beach or a big pile of fluffy blankets...preferably the sandy beach. ;)

Dan~ Wow! Thank you for your kind words. I put a lot of thought into my meals, recipes, and photos so your feedback is appreciated. I hope that my site continues to be useful for you and that your Paleo journey brings you health and wellness!

My logo was created by a friend of mine and was a designed by the two of us...I love it!