Makes 4-6 Mini Frittatas*
6 Eggs, whisked
4oz Browned Sausage, Ground Buffalo, Bacon, or other meat
1 tsp. Coconut Oil, for greasing muffin tins
*Yams and/or potatoes should be par cooked; any other veggie can be sliced small...think pea or dime-sized.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease muffin cups with coconut oil.
- Evenly distribute meat amongst muffin tins (4 sections of an oversized tin, 6-8 of a regular sized tin). I use an oversized muffin tin, with 6 cups/sections.
- Add veggies, if using.
- Top the meat and veggies with whisked eggs, filling just over 3/4 of the way full.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the heated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on muffin tin size.
- Mini frittatas should slide right out but if they don't, slide a butter knife along the sides to loosen.
Feel free to mix up your ingredients (sausage and yams, bacon and asparagus, buffalo and zucchini, or throw leftovers in the bottom and just top with whisked eggs); the key is to have your ingredients prepped (veggies sliced and meats browned), so that in the morning, you just need to fill the tins and pop them in the oven and set a timer. You can also make a few extras in advance, store them in your fridge, and just reheat them before eating. Easy.
*This recipe serves the two of us. Scott eats 2.5 and I eat 1.5. Increase the recipe as needed.