Monday, March 29, 2010

This is What I've Been Eating

Green Curry* w/Scallops from Samui Thai 
 
















*I ordered a side of shredded cabbage, instead of rice. I really liked the way that the cabbage softened under then heat of the curry.

Buffalo Burger w/Avocado, Acorn Squash Rings , and Sauteed Green Beans (no...not Paleo)

Chicken w/14 Spice Rub and Cilantro-Pumpkin Seed Sauce w/Sweet Potato Gratin

Buffalo Burger w/Sweet Potato Gratin and Sauteed Green Beans

Rosemary Rubbed Prime Rib w/Roasted Beets and Fingerling Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans (neither the potatoes or the green beans are considered Paleo, but both are really tasty with Prime Rib, so...)

I'll tell you how I made this incredibly delicious Prime Rib, later in the week.

Red Curry w/Scallop and Extra Steamed Vegetables from Samui Thai

And, this is what I have packed for lunch tomorrow:

Cilantro-Citrus Vinaigrette
1/4 Lemon, juiced
1 T. Champagne Vinegar (or use 1/2 Lemon, if you don't have it)
2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 T. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Sea Salt and Black Pepper

I made my dressing in the bottom of my tupperware container. I then tossed 1/2 an avocado (diced), 2 small snacking cucumbers (chopped), and a handful of grape tomatoes (halved) with the vinaigrette. I piled my chopped lettuce on top (don't toss until you're ready to eat, to avoid sogginess) and put a lid on it. I have a can of salmon, that I've removed from the can, rinsed, drained, and placed in a tupperware container (to reduce the smelliness).

For my sweet chaser, I've got a cut up Gala apple, dusted with cinnamon, and a blob of Organic SunButter. YUM!!! Don't worry Becky...I'll be eating the salmon outside. :) And, I just might share some of my apples with SunButter...

No comments: