Makes Two 6" Pizzas
1/4 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Ground Flaxseed (Flax Meal)
1 Large Egg
1 T. Water
1/2 T. Cider Vinegar
1 T. Arrowroot Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place a pizza stone in the preheating oven (to heat stone).
- Whisk the egg and water, until frothy. Add vinegar and whisk.
- To the egg mixture, add almond flour, flaxseed, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Mixture will be similar in consistency to pancake batter.
- Scoop half of the mixture onto hot pizza stone and spread to desired thinness (I made two 6" pizzas).
- Cook the dough 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add sauce/toppings.
- Return pizza and stone to oven. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or longer if making a larger pizza.
- Remove from oven. Cut and serve.
For my topping, I used the following mixture:
3oz. Ground Buffalo (yes, this is ALWAYS in our fridge!)
Handful of Fresh Spinach
1 T. Tomato Paste
3 Canned Plum Tomatoes, squished
- In a hot pan, brown the buffalo.
- Add tomato paste and stir to coat.
- Add spinach. Wilt.
- Add tomatoes and oregano.