Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Breakfast:
Two Eggs, Chard (2 bunches), and Grated Zucchini (2 Large) w/Avocado (1/2 Large)

"Eggs in a Nest" (inspired by Heather at HEAB)

This is the best idea! And, so easy. Here's what you do:
  1. Saute your veggies (i.e. chard, spinach, kale, zucchini...), until almost cooked.
  2. Create a "nest", for your eggs, with the veggies.
  3. Crack the eggs into your "nest".
  4. Cover your pan with a lid and cook eggs to desired doneness.
Late Lunch/Early Dinner:
Seafood Soup (broth base soup made with shrimp, scallops, halibut, perch, and lots of vegetables) @ Gloria's

CrossFit Workout:
As a team, Scott and I did the following:

Scott rows 250M
I do Burpees (20)
Switch
30 Second rest

Scott rows 250M
I do Pull Ups (20)
Switch
30 Second rest

Scott rows 250M
I do 35lb Kettlebell Swings (30)
Switch
30 Second rest

Scott rows 250M
I do Push Ups (25)
Switch
30 Second rest

Scott rows 250M
I do Sit Ups (33)
Switch
30 Second rest

This WOD was inspired by one of my favorite CrossFit bloggers...she makes up workouts and we willingly submit! :) It would be fun to do this one as a sort of couple's challenge...scoring the results by calculating movements/minutes to complete. Try that at your next dinner party! 

We modified the workout slightly by rowing, instead of running, and by switching up the movements a bit, but used the layout she provided. This was a great Sunday night WOD! And, in the end it really exemplified how much Scott cares for me, as he rowed his hardest during every round (making my rounds shorter)...so romantic!

No comments: