(a modification of this recipe, by Bobby Flay)
1 C. peach preserves (I like this brand, St. Dalfour...same one used for this recipe)
¼ C. pure maple syrup**
1 T. ancho chile powder
3 T. freshly squeeze orange juice
2 T. fresh thyme leaves (optional)
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
2 lb pork tenderloin
1 T. EVOO
- Stir together the preserves, maple syrup, ancho powder, orange juice, and thyme in a medium bowl. Season with salt and coarse pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over high heat.
- Season pork with salt on both sides.
- Sear the pork on both sides until golden brown.Brush with glaze, on all sides.
- Cook in the oven to medium doneness. Glaze every few minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
**According to Loren Cordain and his Paleo Diet Blog, "Sugars were part of our Hunter-gatherers ancestors' diet but not year round. So, use them in moderation."