Eggs Benedict w/Ham
Eggs Benedict w/Sauteed Chard
Makes enough waffles for 3-4 Servings
2 Large Eggs, separated
1/4 C. Water
1.5 C. Blanched Almond Flour
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 T. Chopped Chives
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and water until frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites until they form light, frothy peaks. Fold into batter.*
- Scoop 1/4 C. ( I used an ice cream scoop) of batter onto a preheated waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute (depending on waffle iron).
*The whipped egg whites will help to create a lighter, more crisp waffle.
Makes enough sauce for 2-3 Servings
2 Egg Yolks
3 T. Water
1/4 C. Olive Oil (regular olive oil will have less flavor than EVOO) or Clarified Butter
Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lemon, more or less to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat, whisk egg yolks and water until smooth and creamy. Add more water (1T. at a time), if needed.
- While whisking, stream in oil.
- Add sea salt and lemon juice, to taste.
- If the hollandaise begins to separate, add more water and whisk.
1. Begin with the waffle, as your base.
2. Add any of the following base items:
-grilled or sauteed chard, spinach, or kale
-thinly-sliced ham or turkey
-roasted or grilled asparagus
-fresh or grilled tomato
3. Top with poached egg(s)
4. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce
5. Garnish with chives