Friday, October 16, 2009

Maui Day 5

Breakfast:
Three Egg White Omelet w/Spinach, Mushrooms, and Tomato
Smoothie w/Mixed Berries, Papaya, Pineapple, and Mango

We found this great breakfast/lunch spot in our Frommer's book called CJ's, right up the road from our hotel. The food was fresh and really inexpensive.

Snack:
Julia's Best Banana Bread (moist, delicious, and fresh from the oven...totally worth the drive!!!)

I say, "Worth the drive", as I was the passenger...so, thank you to Scott for making the trek for me! :) He doesn't even like banana bread...

Lunch:
Smoked Salmon Belly

I got my salmon belly at the same store that Scott picked up his authentic Pork Laulau and Hawaiian Macaroni Salad...there were ALOT of other crazy options that we decided to steer clear from (for example, pork liver, intestines, fried ahi "parts"...). I love salmon belly, so I was really happy with my purchase! Not only was it tasty, it's also a good source of Omega-3 and healthy fats.

Dinner:
Three Medium Round Table Pizza Slices w/Zucchini, Spinach, and Tomatoes

Yeah...I regretted this food choice immediately after consumption. My stomach was just not quite right after all of the dough. Ughhh...oh well...it was really tasty! This is Scott's #2 favorite pizza (behind #1 Pietro's in Portland, OR) so, when he saw that they had them here...we really had no other option than to go for it (fortunately this is not a Texas chain, so it can be more of an indulgence than a normal occurrence)!

Scott's Pork Laulau:

On the road to get our Banana Bread (from Julia's Best Banana Bread Stand) and Scott's Pork Laulau...it was treacherous (a one-lane "road" on the side of a cliff for 3-5 miles of the journey!), but well worth the drive!

How much do these cows love life!?





1 comment:

Scott said...

The pictures don't quite do justice to the conditions of the road at some points!! But, the banana bread was good (i am not even a fan) and what better way to spend a sunny day then treking with my awesome wife through the Maui countryside!!