Thursday, August 20, 2009

Raw Day 5

Dinner:
Smoothie w/Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, Strawberries, Blueberries, Banana, Frozen Mango and Pineapple
Soft Tacos w/Spicy "Beans", Guacamole, Tomatoes, and "Sour Cream"


I hit a major food wall this afternoon...when I got home from CrossFit tonight nothing that I had in my raw food artillery seemed to sound edible. And, I'm pretty sure I over did it on the cashew "cheeses" for awhile. If I had opened up my fridge and been faced with the temptation of a tantalizing plate of sushi...I just may have eaten it.


This lifestyle isn't too far off from one that I normally live, with exception to the lack of fish and eggs...two of my favorite things, but for some reason today seemed to be a little more difficult than the last few. I'm loving the fact that my body isn't working overtime on digestion, but also wonder if it might secretly be telling me, "Eat more protein!". I realize that I'm getting protein in the vegetables, nuts, and quinoa that I've been eating, but how much is enough/too much, especially when trying to achieve optimum performance levels and health?

Lunch:
Herbed Zucchini Flatbread
w/Sun-Dried Tomato "Hummus", Marinated Zucchini, Tomato, and Basil

The flatbread is a mixture of coarsely ground zucchini and walnuts, fresh basil, thyme, oregano, sea salt, and a splash or so of water. The mixture is spread out thin and dehydrated overnight. The hummus and zucchini were made earlier in the week. This combination of flavors was really perfect, but I was seriously craving something crunchy so...I ate two carrots.

My meals have been satisfying and delicious, but I'm finding myself in need of a snack here and there, so I decided that I would take some of my pecans, toss them with a little olive oil, sea salt, and rosemary, and then dehydrate them. So, we'll see how that turns out.


Breakfast:
Smoothie w/Young Coconut Water, Almond Milk, Carrots, Spinach, Frozen Pineapple, Mango, and Blueberries
Apple Pie LaraBar

The spinach may sound like a strange addition to some, but you don't actually taste it with all of the other fruits...I just thought a little green and some iron would be good this morning.

CrossFit Workout:
Run .25 Mile
Push Up Pyramid (1-2-3...9-10)
"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10 of Each:
Double Unders
Sit Ups

No comments: