Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Eggs and Buffalo Fritatta

I had planned on creating a batch of really green "Eggs in a Nest", but decided to get a little more creative, after reading this post from Heather at HEAB. So, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, Scott and I ate this:
 














As usual, zucchini on my side, a little cheese (1oz) on Scott's.

Green Eggs and Buffalo Fritatta
Makes 2 Servings

5 Eggs (Omega-3)
2 Cups (or two big handfuls) Fresh Spinach
4oz Ground Buffalo
1 Large Zucchini, grated
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In a blender, whip the eggs and spinach with a splash of water. Set aside.
  3. In an omelet or saute pan over medium-high heat, cook the buffalo until browned, but still pink. Add the zucchini* and stir.
  4. Add the egg mixture.
  5. Place pan in preheated oven and continue to cook until set, about 5-12 minutes (depending on pan).
  6. Gently shake the pan to loosen the frittata and slide it onto a serving plate.
*I add the zucchini to my side and the cheese to Scott's side, after I add the eggs to the pan (Step 4).

And, here's my side served up with sliced avocado (1/2 large):

2 comments:

HEAB said...

Yum and much prettier than my attempt. Will bake next time. No more flipping! :)

jencereghino said...

It's definitely the way to go!