Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whole30: Day 8


"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." ~Eleanor Roosevelt 

I appreciate a good plan. I love making lists. I can make order out of chaos. I will always push myself further when I know someone else is going at it with with or counting on me (Stephanie~ You doing the Whole30 along with me, though miles apart, is helping to keep me on-track). I don’t like being told what to do. I am passionate about helping others reach and exceed their potential. Tardiness is my biggest “pet peeve”. 

I was perusing my cookbooks last night, trying to find meal inspiration for the week, when I got to thinking about how much I enjoy making lists and enjoy planning out my meals (though I also really like creating 'on the fly'), when I remembered a “Strengths Finder” test that I took last year. In case you were wondering, these are my “Top Five Strengths” (copied and pasted from my results):

Relator
People who are especially talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.

Activator
People who are especially talented in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient.

Maximizer
People who are especially talented in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.

Individualization
People who are especially talented in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.

Arranger
People who are especially talented in the Arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.

I took the same test, when I worked for Starbucks in '04 and, with exception to Activator ('04) and Individualization ('10), produced the same (out of the 30 listed here) Strengths. Pretty cool, I think. Anyway...on to my food for the day:


Breakfast:
Three Eggs w/Arugula, Tomato, Avocado, Bell Pepper, and Cabbage 

Snack:
Handful of Dried Mangoes (Unsweetened/Unsulphured from Trader Joe's) 

Lunch:
Leftover Roasted Vegetable Meat Sauce (2 cups, thawed and reheated) and Yam (1/2 small)

Dinner:
Leftover Salsa Chicken (6oz) w/Arugula, Tomato, Avocado, Bell Pepper, Cabbage, and Lime




How's your "Whole30" going? Is it a fun challenge or difficult to eat this way?

4 comments:

Greta said...

Hi, I’ve been following your blog for a while. You’re such an inspiration. I’m planning to start Whole30 this week, so thank you for sharing your ideas, menus and recipes.

jencereghino said...

That is so great, Greta! Please keep me posted as you get into your "Whole30" and remember to keep it simple and to have fun with your food. Planning and leftovers have been key for me. And, thank you for the kind words. :)

Jen

Jaimie said...

Side comment: Love the Portland SBUX cup....I collect those and have like 10 from different cities.

newg said...

It is really helpful to see someone list what they are eating for each meal and what their exercises are. Your tastes for food are similar to my own, so I will be trying out these recipes!

Your site is very inspiring and I hope you keep posting in the future! :)