Friday, November 5, 2010

Got Leftovers?

We did.

Remember last night's Bacon-Wrapped Pork w/Cinnamon Yams? Well, I made it into a hash of sorts. I'm not a huge fan of leftover, sliced pork as it can get a little dry and bacon can get a little odd (sort of rubbery and not too appetizing) once cooked and refrigerated, so...since the flavors of this meal worked so well together, I decided to concoct this:

  1. Remove the bacon from the pork and chop into small pieces and then add to a heat pan. Cook until brown and crispy, about two minutes. Slice the pork while the bacon is cooking. 
  2. Add the pork and yams to the pan and melt in 1 tsp. of coconut oil (not necessary, but tasty). Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and cook until heated through, about 2-3 more minutes. 
  3. Once heated, add about 1 T. of water to remove all of the tasty stuff that sticks to the pan. Everything should just slide right out of the pan. 



This looks a little sad, but you can trust me when I say that it was really good! Unfortunately, our 2-3 servings was only 3, due to the fact that Scott is larger than the average person and consumes around 6-8oz of protein per meal; I usually stick with 3-5. Next time I'll make more, so that I can have my own leftovers...

No comments: