Friday, November 5, 2010

Got Leftovers?

We did.

Remember last night's Bacon-Wrapped Pork w/Cinnamon Yams? Well, I made it into a hash of sorts. I'm not a huge fan of leftover, sliced pork as it can get a little dry and bacon can get a little odd (sort of rubbery and not too appetizing) once cooked and refrigerated, so...since the flavors of this meal worked so well together, I decided to concoct this:

  1. Remove the bacon from the pork and chop into small pieces and then add to a heat pan. Cook until brown and crispy, about two minutes. Slice the pork while the bacon is cooking. 
  2. Add the pork and yams to the pan and melt in 1 tsp. of coconut oil (not necessary, but tasty). Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and cook until heated through, about 2-3 more minutes. 
  3. Once heated, add about 1 T. of water to remove all of the tasty stuff that sticks to the pan. Everything should just slide right out of the pan. 



This looks a little sad, but you can trust me when I say that it was really good! Unfortunately, our 2-3 servings was only 3, due to the fact that Scott is larger than the average person and consumes around 6-8oz of protein per meal; I usually stick with 3-5. Next time I'll make more, so that I can have my own leftovers...

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!