Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pardon My Absence...

I apologize for my absence...Scott and I travelled to Portland, OR this past week (a bit unexpectedly) and I was away from my computer to post. We got back Friday night and then, this weekend...I attended the Level I CrossFit Trainer Certification in Allen, TX! What a totally awesome experience!!!














Photo from CrossFit.com

That's me, on the right, in the orange tank top...Scott says it looks like I'm trying to block out the girl behind me, but I was just trying to make room for Jason Khalipa...he is a seriously big dude!!! 

Our group had the some pretty incredible trainers- Chris Spealler, Jason Khalipa, Russell Berger, Todd Widman, Spencer Nix, and Cherie Chan- making this experience even more memorable. What a cool opportunity to have some of the most elite athletes to train and critique us, and share their knowledge this weekend. I can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow, to see how their tweaks will help me in my WODs. 

Besides the hours of PVC practice, we did two WODs this weekend:

"Fran" 
21-15-9 of:
Thrusters (65lbs)*
Pull Ups

7:48
*I used 25lb dumbbells, as there weren't enough 65lb bars loaded and let me tell you...it was awful!!! And, my last 9 pull ups were "jumping"...my body just wasn't working for me on this one. :)

~and~

10 Minutes (AMRAP) of:
200M Run
Kettlebell Swings (35lb)
Box Jump (24")

464 Reps

We did this as a three-person team. While one person ran, one did KB swings, and the third did box jumps (I did step-ups); when the runner got back, they took the KB station, the KB person took the box jump station, and the box jumper ran. Total reps were counted for KB swings (244) and box jumps (220). 

The Texas heat was blazing...100 degrees + concrete surface + this WOD = Sweaty Madness!!! That was 10am and the day had barely just begun...good times!!!   

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome! Very cool.

Jen in Florida

jencereghino said...

Thanks, Jen! :)

Shilpa said...

So proud of you! Good work, Jen!

jencereghino said...

Thanks, Shilpa! It was such an awesome experience!!!