Monday, May 17, 2010

A CrossFit WOD and A Yoga Double-Header

Breakfast:
Three Egg Frittata w/Asparagus (6 spears)

Lunch:
Chocolate Muscle Milk Light (8.5oz)*
Banana

*No, there is absolutely nothing Paleo about this drink, as it is made up of all sorts of nonfood ingredients and, no I don't make a habit of consuming meal-replacements...I just had a feeling that I would't be making time for lunch and grabbed it on the go. Yes, Scott...I drank your last Muscle Milk... :)

Dinner:
Chicken w/Chard, Asparagus, Leeks, and Mushrooms

Workout:
Yoga (60 Minutes)
~and~

Run 500M Forward, 100M Backward, 100M Forward, 100M Backward
21-15-9 of:
Sumo Deadlift High Pull (65lb)
Kettlebell Swing (35lb)
Box Jump (18")

6:11
~and~

Gentle Yoga (60 Minutes)

We're having a "30-Day Yoga Challenge" at The Mat, so the pressure is on to get my yoga on! I took the 1:30pm class, with Karine (who is not only an incredible teacher, but has the most beautiful French accent...double plus!) and then decided to follow-up my CrossFit WOD with a more "Gentle" class taught by Samantha (another gifted teacher who has this wonderful way of helping you through your practice in a compassionate, yet still physically rewarding way...plus, tonight she offered adjustments using lavender essential oils, during Savasana...the perfect end to this day!).

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh the pressure of the double header! Since I hit the 5:45am this morning, maybe I'll finish my evening meeting in time for Meditation class. :)