Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday

Breakfast:
Toasted "Nutty Bread" w/Two Poached Eggs

Lunch:
Sandwich (on toasted "Nutty Bread") w/Avocado, Mixed Greens, and Watercress
Grilled Shrimp (tossed in EVOO and sea salt)

*Tip: I buy a large bag of frozen jumbo prawns, from Costco, and just thaw them out the day before I want to use them. If I want to use them sooner, I soak them in cold water for about 15 minutes and then pat dry; they don't take very long to thaw. Buying frozen, prepackaged wild salmon, shrimp, or other fish provides a time-saving way to add protein to your meals. Such fish can be grilled the night before, while preparing your regular dinner, and can then be flaked into a salad or mixed with a little homemade mayonnaise and lemon juice to create a tasty sandwich, using this bread.

Dinner:
Butternut Squash and Cauliflower-Leek Soup

I bought a bundle of four leeks to use in my Alaskan Halibut en Papillote (tomorrow's dinner) and thought that the remaining three would be good in a Potato-Leek Soup of sorts. So, instead of the usual starchy potato, I used some leftover butternut squash and cauliflower (chopped up and ready to go from earlier in the week). Here's my recipe:

Butternut Squash and Cauliflower-Leek Soup
3 Leeks (white and light green part only), sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1" half rounds
3 Celery Stalks, sliced
1 Medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 Cauliflower Head, cut into florets
1 T. Coconut Oil
4 C. Water

You can add a little coconut milk for creaminess, if desired.

CrossFit Workout:
"Angie"
100 Pull Ups (I did 50 pull ups before my hands started to tear...and decided to stop at 50)
100 Push Ups
100 Sit Ups
100 Squats

No comments: