Monday, May 27, 2013

Lamb Burgers w/Apricot, Mint, and Pistachios (Feta Optional)

This recipe is inspired by the Lamb Burger I ate this weekend, at Davis St Tavern (Portland, OR). I ordered mine without the bun and asked for it to be served on a bed of Arugula- perfection! Here is my version:

Ingredients
2lbs Ground Lamb
3oz Dried Apricots, diced
1/4oz Fresh Mint, chiffonade
1T. Sea Salt
3oz Feta, crumbled (omit, if you do not eat dairy- I enjoy it on occasion)
  1. Add ingredients to a bowl and blend [with your hands] to combine.
  2. Meat can be formed into burgers, meatballs, or mini burgers. Use an ice cream scoop or melon baller for uniform patties/balls. 
  3. Heat a heavy-bottom pan to medium-high. DO NOT oil your pan, the lamb likely has enough fat as is. Transfer patties to the pan and cook until browned (about 2-3 minutes, depending on size). Flip and continue to cook until burgers reach desired doneness. 
  4. Remove from pan and left rest 1-minute. 
  5. Serve atop Arugula (or other greens) tossed with THIS dressing or other citrus-based vinaigrette and sprinkle with garnish (recipe below). 

Garnish
1/4oz Fresh Mint
2T Shelled, Salted Pistachio Nuts
  1. Grind in a food processor, until finely chopped.
  2. Sprinkle over burger.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Stumbled upon your blog looking for other Paleo bloggers. I'm slowly getting into it but having to make some tweaks because I eat kosher too. Love your blog. Great experiments and glad you love Elana's Pantry too!!

Mjennette said...

Just wanted to let you know these are AMAZING! Thank you for the recipe!! I can't wait to make them again.

Anonymous said...

Oh, why must the best-tasty things be so expensive!! My husband is a pistachio hound and I am a fiend for the baby sheep, but, ye gods, the prices!!!
I'm making this next week.

Unknown said...

This was fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Pretty remarkable post. I simply came across your blog and desired to say that I have really enjoyed searching your blog posts. paleo diet food list

Unknown said...

Really amazing blog, I’d love to discover some extra information. Herbycoupons

Anonymous said...

This is so interesting blog. You are best listing knowledge provide at this site. I am very excited read this nice article. You can visit this website Paleo Diet Recipe Book

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say thankyou for a great recipe. I am new to all this gluten free and paleo stuff. I need to change things and it is starting with me and hopefully the family will follow along.

I made my first almond butter!! Turned out wonderful, made this lovely recipe and it is delicious!!! Even my 2 year old loved it. She ate 1/4 of it!! I could eat the whole thing!!! Thanks again and I am going to try more of your recipes!! Keep up with the good work!! I look forward to seeing more of what you come up with!!!

I found a great ideas
Paleo Diet is a Must to Maintain Good Health
Salmon as the best paleo diet food
Spinach recipes are healthiest paleo diet recipes
A brief on Paleo diet food list