Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Roasted Spaghetti Squash


Ingredients
1 Large Spaghetti Squash, cut in half lengthwise and deseeded*
2T. Coconut Oil or Clarified Butter (I used THIS)
2tsp. Sea Salt
2tsp. Onion Powder (optional)

*Scoop the seeds out with a spoon, leaving the noodle-like flesh intact.
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. 
  2. Place the squash halves on a baking sheet, flesh-side up. Rub with fat (1T. per side) and sprinkle with sea salt and onion powder (if using). 
  3. Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake, flesh-side up, for 1-hour. 
  4. After 1-hour, flip the squash upside down so that it is skin-side up in the baking sheet. Bake an additional 90-minutes, until the edges of the squash flesh are brown and caramelized. 
  5. Scoop the "noodles" from the skin and serve. 
I actually discovered this way of baking by accident, when I left my squash in the oven [after turning it off] overnight. The result was a more flavorful, less watery "noodle". 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you left squash in the oven overnight and still ate it? I'm looking for that answer, exactly... trying to decide if I want my husband to throw the squash away when he goes home for lunch since I forgot it after I turned the oven off last night!!!!

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!