Friday, November 20, 2009

Update

After an emotionally and physically draining week in California, I am finally making the time to update...this was my week of eating, at a glance (my "cheats" or non-Paleo eating is marked with an *):

Wednesday:
Two Egg Whites and One Egg
Naked Green Machine

Grilled Vegetable Salad (no corn or vinaigrette) w/Grilled Salmon at CPK

Wild Venison (courtesy of my cousin Katelyn and her boyfriend Ty)
Sauteed Green Beans w/Garlic
Homemade Caesar Salad w/Avocado

Thursday:
One Egg w/Toasted Nutty Bread (I made a loaf to take with me)

Seabass en Papillote w/Butternut Squash, Leeks, Carrots, and Celery
Roasted Fennel
Mixed Greens w/Avocado, Grapefruit, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, and Grapefruit-Chive Vinaigrette

Grapefruit-Chive Vinaigrette:
1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 C Snipped Fresh Chives
Juice of Two Grapefruits
Sea Salt and Black Pepper

Friday:
Toasted Nutty Bread w/Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber, and Lettuce
"Bran" Muffin w/Cranberries and Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (courtesy of my Mom)

My Mom got this recipe from my favorite gluten-free, almond flour blog, Elana's Pantry...she mixed it up a bit by adding the cranberries and coconut. So incredibly good!

Roasted Butternut Squash, Carrots, Beets, and Brussels Sprouts
Leftover Seabass

Saturday:
Two Eggs w/Toasted Nutty Bread
"Bran" Muffin

*Double Short Nonfat Latte w/One Pump SF Vanilla
*Sugar-Free Red Bull

Yellowtail and Salmon Sashimi
Shrimp Head (weird...)

Sunday:
Toasted Nutty Bread w/Avocado
"Bran" Muffin

*Double Short Nonfat Latte w/One Pump SF Vanilla
*Sugar-Free Red Bull

Although these caffeinated beverages were likely wreaking havoc on our bodies, they were a welcome treat for our mentally depleted minds.

*Seven Layer Burrito (no guacamole, extra lettuce) from Taco Bell

Salad w/Grilled Shrimp, Tomato, and Avocado (no dressing or tortilla shell) at La Tapatia

Monday:
*Double Short Nonfat Latte w/One Pump SF Vanilla

*Eggplant Parmesan (my Mom made this creation using all fresh vegetables from her garden, including eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini. Amazing!)
Mixed Greens w/Avocado, Grapefruit, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, and Grapefruit-Chive Vinaigrette

The Eggplant Parmesan could easily be made Paleo by dredging the eggplant in almond flour, instead of flour, and by omitting the parmesan and mozzarella...she used a light hand in this creation, but it is still considered a "cheat".

Tuesday:

Striped Bass w/White Wine, Garlic, and Cilantro (caught and prepared by my uncle Randy...yes, we have a family of fabulous cooks!!!)Cauliflower

Wednesday:
Grilled Trout w/Sauteed Vegetables

Yellowtail and Salmon Sashimi
Seaweed Salad

*Frozen Yogurt

Thursday:
*Vegetable Scramble w/Zucchini and Goat Cheese
*One Slice of Rye Toast

Mom and I ate at this great restaurant in Lafayette, Chow. Their food is fresh, organic, and just plain delicious. By far the best breakfast I have ever eaten out!

Naked Green Machine

Two Poached Eggs

For the most part, I ate pretty well...but, there were many days that I simply didn't eat, due to circumstances out of my control. During a time when eating well would have been incredibly beneficial, I often chose the path of least resistance...leaving me suffering the physical consequences. But, I am back on track and am feeling a little less out of sorts.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Are You Having Trouble FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

Do you want to munch on some tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Check out: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.