1/2 T. Fat (I used coconut oil)
6oz Can Salmon (I used this Chinook/King Salmon)
1 T. Chopped Cilantro, plus more for garnish
1/4 tsp. Bay Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
Squeeze of Hot Sauce (I use this brand)
*A nice addition to this pancake is 1/4 cup of shredded sweet potato and a pinch of Penzeys "Northwoods Fire".
- Mix ingredients together, to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a pan or skillet, over medium-high heat, and add fat.
- Add mixture to hot pan, press into a thin (about 1/2" thick) patty, and cook until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Flip patty, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover with a lid. Cook another 3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with more hot sauce and a sprinkle of cilantro.
I ate this, myself, but it could easily be shared or made into smaller cakes and served as an appetizer. You could also add a squeeze of lemon and/or zest to brighten up the flavor...I was just looking for something quick and easy that I could throw together in the AM. Perfect way to start the day!